It occurred to be that I haven’t given thanks in a while. So with Thanksgiving approaching, I thought it was time to share all the things I have been thankful for lately.
The past year has been intense for me and resulted in a lot of soul searching. But over the past couple months I have come out on top of things and feel pretty high on life. Basically, things are GOOD! And the things that could be considered “less good” are under control and in perspective. I really have no complaints. What more could I ask for?
With that said, my list of ‘thankfulees,’ is pretty superficial, fun and, well, self-indulgent; I am working towards a lot of personal goals and therefore being kind of selfish and self-indulgent with my time and energy lately. Aren’t we all entitled to that?
Oh, and all this took place within the past two weeks. (It’s been a busy couple weeks!)
1. Two weeks ago I purchased a new laptop. As well as having a fun, sexy new toy to play with, I am once again mobile, allowing me to pursue my purposes in life, on-the-go. (And this has helped me reach my embarrassingly low word count for NaNoWriMo.)
2. On Monday I met my favorite author at Barnes & Noble in NYC—Augusten Burroughs. Along with a room full of dark, dry and wordy literature fans, I got to listen to an excerpt from his new book, question him on his editing process and get two signed copies for me and mom. Woo hoo! I left there smiling like a kid who just got her first pair of ballet slippers.
3. I had a fun night out. [full-stop]
4. I watched one of my closest guy friends get married to a truly beautiful and wonderful lady who actually got him to dance. IMPRESSIVE!
5. I found out our office is closing during the holidays giving us 12 days off over the Christmas/New Year’s time.
6. Mom and I attended a fabulous Broadway preview of the show Fela! last night! Fantastic music, dancing and somehow amazingly awesome seats, front and center, four rows back. Oh and an awesome French dinner beforehand! Thanks mom!
7. I booked a trip to Ireland with some of my closest gal friends. So come the end of January, Triple A, Carlita, M and I will be boarding a plane headed for pubs, pints, green countryside, cute men and a 5-star castle hotel—Adare Manor—for 6 nights of hiking, biking, drinking, eating and, well, whatever else they do in western Ireland.
Pretty exciting list of fun going on here, eh?
With that said, it’s back to writing. I am 2,635 words behind my intended word count—and as Caitlin would point out, this was 466 words that could have been added to my NaNoWriMo story. Oh boy!
Make that 481!